Friday, December 19, 2008

A Holiday for Memories

On the 18th of December I had my second chemo appointment with new drugs. The study drugs have been cancelled and the traditional chemo is the next course of action because the cancer had advanced with the study drugs. All in all I am feeling good . The doctor says I am doing well and generally I can agree. next chemo will be in 3 weeks around Jan 8th.

Christmas is coming and everyone left me home alone for the day to go shopping. I wish it were as fun as the movie! I have been catching up on my movie list and Flag of Our Fathers was the feature film last night-thumbs up from me. LaRhonda and I went to the movies and saw Twilight and Blot-the animated dog. Twilight was pretty good but I didn't read the book maybe it would have been better if I had. Blot was very fun and heartwarming-I like dogs! Two paws up for Blot.

I did my Christmas shopping early with Julie for my nephews and neices. I wanted to give them something special from me to remember me always.

I am having a hard time with this Christmas with the reality that it may be my last. I try to stay motivated and optimistic. How is this for optimism? I have lost 47 pounds over the last five months and my eye lashes have grown long and curly and I still have eyebrows that have been tweezed and waxed for optimal good looks. My newest clothes are adorable hats and comfy sweats to match. I also have a couple new wigs to change my look and copy the alias profile when needed. You never know when you will need o be incognito.

Thank you for helping me each day with your thoughts and prayers and messages of love and support. It is so nice to hear from you. I look forward each day to checking my email (rmcmillanlds@hotmail.com) and blog to see who has dropped by for a visit. Be patient with me as I try to get back to you in a timely fashion. Have yourself a Merry Lil' Christmas !


2 comments:

Ladybug143 said...

I think you would make a great Jennifer Garner replacement! I am glad things are going fairly well. I wanted to see you when I was in Utah and things just didn't work out. I have morning sickness and I wasn't much for visits while I was there.

You are always in my prayers and thoughts! Love you tons!

Rachel said...

Hey you! Miss you! Love you!