Thursday, February 5, 2009

4th Treatment 2 ti Go

I know it has been awhile since my last update and again I apologize. I am sittting in the inffusion chair receiving my 4th treatment out of six and this one is taking me 8 hours because they are having to give 2 units of blood because my hematocrit is very low which causes me to be very week and tired which gives me no energy to want to do anything including typing on a computer and reading. Hopefully that will al change now. I had my appointment with my oncologist today and he said everything is looking great and that I even have some cancer cells that are shrinking after my catscan 3 days ago. So all and all I am doing pretty good.

Mom and I are going to Washington State to visit Michelle on the 12th. I am so excited to get out and away, cabin fever has hit me strong. Mom and I are staying for about 8 days. When we get back mom is facing 2 knee replacements. She will have one done and then 2-3 weeks later she will have the other done. My hat goes off to Julie, she has been and still is a wonderfule caretaker and has not complained one bit about the care for me, her family and now she will be taking care of mom. Lukilly we have some ward members that are begging to help out with service to our famuly. We have been very blessed and prayers have been answered. I want to thank all of you for your prayers and comments. Please continue to be patient with as I continue to get better with responding to you. I love all of you very much. Rhonda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Just wanted you to know that I was here! I'm glad you were too - it's always so good to hear updates.... so glad you are going to take this trip to visit your sister... a change of scenery will be nice, I'm sure! We're ok - Don's job may be cut - but I guess we are in good company if that happens! We'll just take it a day at a time and see what happens. Love you so much - hang in there and know that we haven't stopped praying for you!
Hugs and Kisses - Korine

Ladybug143 said...

I am so gld to hear that things are going a bit in the right direction! That is wonderful! I hope you are feeling more energy now.

We will be in Utah from April 8-18. I would love to see you if it would work out for you. I really miss you! Let me know.