Tuesday, April 14, 2009

April 14, 2009

Well, it is my turn to update the blog. I sure appreciated what Michelle has said in the last update.
I writing from the computer at the Huntsman Center, I have been here for almost a week so the doctors can control the severe pain I have been having of which they call cancer pain. They also know I have a date with Mickey Mouse and need to leave by Thursday. They mention Mickey everytime they come in to see me know which is kind of fun.
The day I went into the hospital Julie took me to the emergency room because of my back pain, chest pain and shortness of breath. They sent me for a chest xray and a ct scan and found some extra fluid in my left lung and thought it might be pneumonia, they also told me that my tumor was growing in the left lung. I turned to Julie, started crying and she just held me. I know this is all part of the cancer game but I just don't think I am ready to play yet. I find myself in denial with alot of it. I know the inevitable is going to happen so I am now do the best I can to start preparing myself which seems to bring me more peace.
For my birthday, Julie gave me a big surprise part and boy was it a surprise. I had no clue she was setting this up. It was alot of fun and and alot of people of which some I haven't seen for along time. My sister is so good to me and takes very good care of me. She has never once led me to believe that I am a burden to her, that is my own thinking and I have got to stop.
Over Conference weekend, my friend Mary K set up a reunion of all my friends from sunbeam, junior high, high school and mutual classes. WOW, what a great time. They came as far as Austin, TX, Colorado Springs, CO, Spokane, WA, and various places in California. We had a great time visiting, eating and catchin up. Picutres will be posted soon by Mary K.
I need to get back to my hospital room for some more test. Please send me emails in response to any postings because it is easier to answer back. rmcmillanlds@hotmail.com.
Take care and know that I love everyone of you and appreciate your love, prayers and support.

No comments: